Tuesday 8 February 2011

unproductivity

I can feel the "unproductive"-feeling slowly building up, meaning I'm getting demotivated again to do anything work-related (if you know why then tell me!). Hopefully by typing this blog (and doing other unproductive-related things) I'll get productive again.

So I've been catching up with shows lately while drawing, just finished season 4 of The Office (goodbye Toby, won't miss ya!) and also saw the new episode of HIMYM, it's pretty good. I hope that, if I just watch these shows I follow in one go, I don't have anything else fun to do so that I can kick myself to go back to work.
Funny thing is; I woke up early to work on my weapon but I dooooooon't feeeeeeeel like workiiiiiiing....

Anyways, I've posted stuff from this blog onto my newly created Polycount thread on
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1284860#post1284860
where I'll post batches of sketches in one go from time to time. But mainly it's for starting up my rep there so that I can get feedback from awesome people in the industry :) I got some feedback on drawings, it's starting to grow I can feel it :P. I've been told to work on some portraiture, so you'll prolly see more sketches of people's faces soon!

Had an idea yesterday; hop onto a train with someone and go to some faraway place in the Netherlands (doesn't matter where, as long as it takes couple hours it's fine :P). Once in the train; draw people sitting in front of me, next to me etc. and build up skill this way! Why with someone? because I'm too chicken to do it alone :( I did that a while ago, but people starting to look at me and whispering out loud: "pssssst!!! That guy is drawing you omg omg omg!" So yeah... Maybe I just need headphones?

But I guess for now I'll just have to do it with pictures... I'll post some soon.

C.

3 comments:

  1. hey chi,
    trying to go through some series or so to get rid of fun stuff so you can get yourself to go back to work... yeah i tried that... it didnt go so well.
    i found something new almost straight away afterwards.

    i'm trying this daily blog thing now. post at least 2 screens a day of what i'm doing. maybe that wil help. anywho good luck, the drawings look awesome as per usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @HaVoC373
    thanks for dropping by Alex, yeah I know what you mean by "finding something new straight away" :P

    Good luck with your blog, I'll be checking on ya from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Procrastination is evil... If you ever find out how to get it out of the way, do share. Sometimes rewarding myself with watching an episode of a serie helps, instead of watching it beforehand..

    I've been going to Naturalis a couple of times to go drawing, maybe it's something for you as well :) Entry fee is only 3,50 and at the subjects stay still and don't talk :D It's VERY quiet there, only thing is that they don't have anything to sit on except for the ground..

    Hope you find your mojo back :)

    ReplyDelete